Sunday, August 30, 2026

Untitled by OHBmouf

 
The world is mainly composed of four continents with general name of cardinal directions. These continents are the Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Western Continents. Hero resides in a home with his family in the Southern Continent, and is presented and takes on a path intertwining with the inhabitants and cultures extending beyond his town's. These experiences also lend to and build his identity hinting to where he discovers who he really is. 
 
 
Untitled is a reallyc classic adventure rpg game in a fantasy setting: the story and the gameplay are, in fact, rather standard: we have the usual evil guy that kidnaps the hero's (or Hero's!) loved ones, so he will start a journey, make friends and fight monsters and the evil guy's minions to save his relatives. Expect a journey on a large map, with many battles, wandering enemies and obligatory bosses, quest, secondary quests and some cutscenes. The battlers are really well done and nicely animated, characters have different and useful abilities and they can also heal some hitpoints if they defend. That's nice! Enemies have nice sprites too, and different abilities: some have sleep attacks, others will poison you, and remember that the fishes take lots of damage from thunder attacks and instead the mountain scorpions suffer from water attacks. Ok, that's a usual Final Fantasy concept, but it's well done.


Random Fact: Untitled isn't the only rpgmaker game called Untitled, but it's the only one made by OHBmouf. For the 2018 Secret Santa Event Dyluck made a comic about the game you can see HERE.
 

Final Verdict: Untitled by OHBmouf is an incomplete game that if it was completed I thing I'd call it Three the Hard Way 2.0, not because it has a similar plot, but because it provides enjoyable combat, puzzles, humor, and a serious epic story, in a setting realized with classic old-styled Rmk2003 charsets and chipsets that will never tire me!  In the end I liked a lot this adventure, it's entertaining and well done, and difficulty is balanced. I had a lot of fun and I was sincerely sad when I finished it. Well, maybe it's me, maybe I am nostalgic

No comments:

Post a Comment