Thursday, July 23, 2026

Sunset over Imdahl by Teo Mathlein

 
The story is about Lohn, a young boy who is the sole survivor of the siege of Imdahl. Wandering the streets in desperation, Lohn meets a nobly-dressed man who offers him a chance to bring his hometown back to life. Without knowing his intentions, Lohn accepts on the man's offer, and the game begins.
 

Sunset Over Imdahl was made in rm2k and utilizes hand-drawn backdrops over tile-based mapping. The game is short, containing only a few hours of gameplay; however, is a completed project of the highest standard. The game is available in English, Spanish and German and consists in a classic linear adventure game with no battles, but includes a couple of minigames.

 
 
Random Fact: If you picked up a certain key near the end of the game, you keep it for the next playthrough. This is used to enter the Developer's Room, but if you try to enter the Developer's Room without actually unlocking it properly, the game will detect that the required switches weren't set and freeze you in place while displaying a disturbing image.

Final Verdict: in my opinion Sunset over Imdahl is art, a real masterpiece and a really unique game with incredible aestetics that frame an original and well written story.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome dood! Just discovered your site, I can't wait to literally read every post. 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This is a little project I started this year, anyway stay tuned since I post daily! And feel free to share the site address, if you know anyone who may like these old games!

      Delete
    2. Of course! And yeah I noticed, the daily posting is ridiculous 🤣 (but appreciated)

      Take care not to burnout! 🫂

      Delete
    3. the daily posting was part of the challenge, but I admit I prepared lots of articles in advance, and programmed the release each day 🤣 sooo no risk of burnout at least until december lol!

      Delete
    4. MIND EXPLOSION GIF 😭 AWESOME

      Delete