Nadrook the Prince of Terror has unleashed an army of evil creatures on Illarion. The Gods fought trying to close the portals that the creatures used to enter the world: Moshran and Ronangan, two young Gods went behind the enemy lines. Moshran was able to kill Nadrook, but the Prince released a dark energy, wounding him. Later Moshran, probably influenced by the evil energy. took the weapons of Nadrook and lead the orcs and the remnants of Nadrook's army against the other Gods, until he was defeated and then imprisoned.
Centuries later a giant dragon attacks a ship. A survivor, Dyluck, wakes up on a beach with no memories of his past. He starts exploring the area, meeting a dwarf, Caranthir, that joins him in his adventures, oblivious of the fact that his past is linked to the Gods.
Legends of Illarion is a classic fantasy epic Rpgmaker adventure: it includes many playable characters, puzzles, a crafting system, and about 25 hours of adventures and battles. While it doesn't offer anything really new, the game is really packed with dialogues, cutscenes, battles and locations, and the last anniversary version really revamped the graphics, making most maps really beautiful and rebalancing the battles.
Random Fact: this Rpgmaker game is based on stories from
Illarion, an old online fantasy roleplaying game. A demo for the
prequel, Legends Of Illarion 2: Sins Of The Gods, has been released but there is no need to play that game before the first.
Final Verdict: this game is a very enjoyable experience! It's not overly original
but it's well made and presents a complex story and a large world filled
with many interesting and developed individuals: this game is long,
more than 25 hours of gameplay and adventures, lots of monsters (taken
from different sources and games) and a large cast of characters.
I know few similar games, and despite the fact that I never heard of Illarion, I found the story interesting and really well told (so much that I believed it was a totally original game!).
I know few similar games, and despite the fact that I never heard of Illarion, I found the story interesting and really well told (so much that I believed it was a totally original game!).



No comments:
Post a Comment