This is the story of Alex and Carol, who end up separated after fighting the evil Cloak Demon. The demon sends them in a journey through space and time. On their journey, each protagonist visits numerous bizarre worlds. They are forced to engage in rap battles, capture Pokémon, resist chickens, summon demons, infiltrate enemy bases, do a barrel roll, and uncover the true purpose of their mindless quest.
This was a game made by more than 50 people at the old Gaming World
forums. Participants were each asked to make a small section in 3 days. The sections were then combined into one full and nonsensical game.
This time is doubled: in the beginning we can choose to play as Alex or as Carol and each character has different adventures, minigames, puzzles and challenges. From Pokemon Battles to gambling and shoote'em up sections, this game is twice the previous, and much better under any aspect. Worth playing.
Random Fact: once again it is possible to skip many of the maps. Simply press "9" whenever you
have control of Alex or Carol. This doesn't work for non-interactive
maps. And no, there is no ALEX II! There has never been one!
Final Verdict: an excellent compilation of different scenes and situations. Most sections are still impressing nowadays, others are really
clever and witty, some are stupid and are just a filler but still are a
minor part of the game. I won't list every part or mention every scene
because discovery is an important part of the experience. Alex and Carol
are exactly like a player that tries different games: he finds each
time in a new universe, a different world with its own rules. And every
place is a quest or puzzle that has to be solved, a place where you can
have fun (like the casino) or a simple cutscene nothing else but I was
impressed by this collection of little fragments.
I had fun with this. More than with the first one, really! It's longer,
bigger and better, you should play them both, but if you have few time
please play this one. I mean for the most part I saw an excellent use of
the resources, music and graphics, gameplay was rarely difficult or
annoying… I had fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment