Sunday, July 12, 2026

Remembrance by KyouSystem

 
Remembrance is the story of a woman named Kim who wakes up in a bizarre place with only hazy memories of her past and how she got there. Together with a strange, magic-wielding entity named Jesse, she sets out in search of what she's lost, as well as to complete the mission assigned to her that, in Jesse's words, is of the utmost importance.

As she recovers and reflects on the memories of her life, however, Kim quickly realizes that some of the more powerful feelings and impressions in her mind, despite their nostalgic familiarity, don't match up with any of her memories...
 

Remembrance is a 3-4 hours story driven mystery adventure akin to Alice in Wonderland, but darker: a normal girl wakes up inside a weird world with strange rules and inhabitants, some of these hostile. Of course she will also find helpers, and the game is in fact an adventure with classic rpgmaker combat encounters, and characters with various abilities and roles in battle. But there are also many cutscenes, dialogues, and mazes. The game includes custom art and music.

 
 
Random Fact: the game was translated in russian, and that version is available HERE.


Final Verdict: This is a nice game that made me curious as from the beginning I was not sure if it was set in a dark fantasy world or inside the mind of the protagonist. But I let you play and figure out. The game has also some strong themes, but I think that they are used well and everything is there for a reason (not just to shock or impress). I liked a lot the story and I love the characters, especially Ashley. Also the game is not particularly long but I think it's of an adequate lenght. Only problem (for me) were the mazes, but maybe someone will like them, and hate the simple but nice combat that instead I liked (even if It can become boring due to the scarce number of enemy types. But again, this is not a game about fighting).

No comments:

Post a Comment