Friday, July 24, 2026

I Want to Bring Her Back to Life but I Don't Know Where to Start by MacBob

 
Finney wants to bring a woman who is dear to him back to the land of the living but he is unsure on how he is going to go about pulling that off.

Join Finney as he journeys the Lordless Land, a land cursed by a Calamity that revisits every 100 years, looking to cure a woman suffering from an illness that has kept her asleep for years. In his travels, he gathers allies and a share of adversaries as well.
Here is hoping that he might finally bring the woman back to the land of the living by the end of his journey. 
 
I Want to Bring Her Back to Life but I Don't Know Where to Start is probably the game with the longest title I played! And it's also an unique rpg in the sense that it uses a custom made combat system, that's pretty tactical. Moreover the game includes optional subquests and maps that for the most time only extend horizontally: you usually move from left to right or from right to left like in sidescrolling game, however it may happen to find stairs and go up or down, for example.
 

Random Fact: despite the long title the game project is called simply "Unspun Tale". MacBob this year released another complete project titled "Unspun Tale 2", and the game is called Country of Snow, but aside for a similar fantasy setting (that may or may not be the same world) and a similar combat system, has no relation with this game, but it's a stand alone story. More on that one of the next days.
 
 
 
Final Verdict: besides the combat system, that I found really well done and interesting, I also must stress the beauty of the little animations: characters act, move and express themselves in detail. It's a beautiful little world that comes to life, and also a great story told through several scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment